February 22, 2010

Did someone have a birthday?

Someone woke up this month & noticed that it was just another day. Nothing special. (just my big, fat birthday!). My parents had made plans to take me to lunch, but called in to say they were sick & could not make it, so change of plans. I thought maybe my grandson would like to go someplace with me. McDonalds or just for a drive, I didn't care. I called my DIL and then my son. Can I just say how happy I was when my DIL called me back & said her & my grandson would like to go to lunch with me.
I did my "happy dance" & we meet my son near his work. We had a great deli sandwich & "good times"!


Then, later on that afternoon my other son called & wanted to go to dinner. Bonus #2. Dinner with my granddaughter.
What seemed to begin as a day on the couch with a good book,& no one to sahre my day with (hubby even had to work & was not home) turned out to be the best day ever!!! Grandkids are the BEST present ever!

2 comments:

Coco said...

I'm so glad you had a great and special day!! I'm so sorry I missed wishing you a happy birthday. There is nothing better than spending it with the grandbabies!! That's why I now have children's birhtdays - so I can make sure they have fun!!

p.s. your son couldn't give your grandson away for nothing!! He is the spittin' image!!

Rachelle said...

You're grandkids are so lucky! Their grandma rocks!