February 14, 2010

For the last 2 days, I've been.....



Watching the Olympics like...well, mostly everyone else. And I have learned so much about our friends to the north. I had no idea Canada was the 2nd largest country & the population of CA is larger than ALL of Canada. This would be the place for me to move to, except it's to dang cold!!

What else have I learned?

*I did not know that Steve Nash of the Phoenix Suns was from Canada.
**Hundreds of anti-Olympic protesters forced organizers to change the route of the last leg of the trans-Canada torch relay. Now that's just Rude!!!
**That watching the women's Down Hill Moguls would make my knee's hurt!!
**That Apolo Ohno likes to start out at the back of the pack during Speed Skating. (had I known that, I wouldn't of been yelling at the TV so much).
**And that it doesn't snow 24 hours during the winter up in Canada. (it rains too).

Is it just me, or do all
Olympic stars look like kids?
















Or could it be I'm just an old lady wishing I could stand up on ice skates or ski's at a high rate (or slow rate) of speed?

Now, what ticked me off about the Opening Ceremonies?

That K.D.Lang can take one of my all-time favorite songs & butcher it!! Like Ellen would say "put some shoes on lady"!!! "Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley is the only way to listen to that song.
(hope this works).
On a sad note, my heart goes out to 21 year old Nodar Kumaritashvili from Georgia (Soviet Union) and his family. My heart breaks for his coaches,teammates,family & friends.

On a happier note, since it's Valentine's Day...this is for you Colleen! Enjoy.



3 comments:

Coco said...

Did you remember that I had the hots for Apolo when he was here in 2002???? I absolutely "heart" him!! He's an amazing athlete. I love watching him skate. And I love that he stays in the back of the pack and then all the sudden makes his move.

That accident on the luge was heart wrenching. It's horrible that they play and play and play and play it over again on television. People need to stop and think that we are watching a 21-year-old kid DIE - right in front of our eyes!! It's horrible!!

I love watching the Olympics - winter or summer. It's so cool - curling, skiing, skating - - basketball, swimming, gymnastics. Great stuff to watch.

italiantaz20 said...

Yummmmmmyyyy! Thank you Natalie, that picture made my day! MUAH!!!

Unknown said...

Ewwwww to that last picture I'm sorry buy put some clothes back on!