March 1, 2010

Weekend in Nevada


Good thing I made reservations back at the first of the year when my hubby asked me if I wanted to go down to Primm, NV and meet up with my brother, SIL & nephew. I usually wait till the last minute to make a reservation. I had no idea this was "NASCAR" weekend. As we drove by the race-track on friday it was packed with trailers,campers,semi's and lot's of cars. It was crazy.

As I was checking into the hotel, a man with a beer was standing behind me & was just a tad "intox-a-ma-cated" (as I call it). He was from Bakersfield, CA & a fan of Kevin Harvick. He asked me if I was here for the races & I said "yes I am". He then asked me who I was cheering for. I told him "My little nephew". Now I have confused him. He said in beer breath "your little nephew is racing"? I said "yes, of course". Again, he said "Who is your little nephew, was number does he race"? I said, "Well, I'm here for the motorcycle/quad races". He was shocked that I wasn't there for the NASCAR races. I did tell him I was a Jimmie Johnson fan & he didn't like that answer any better. His son then came over & got him & he stumbled away.
As we drove home saturday night & passed the speedway, I took these pictures. It doesn't even really show how packed the parking lot really was.
And to the drunk that was making fun of me being a Jimmie Johnson fan. Take that!! First Place is sweet!

3 comments:

Norman & Trynitee Peat said...

I don't get NASCAR? When my husband and I get stuck at his brothers house watching it we just sit there and say "Wee, Left Turn...Wee, Left Turn" cuz thats all they do! LOL However the fans are interesting to say the least.

BerlyCrow said...

I'm with Tryn, I don't get it. I do however, totally heart Primm, NV. Seriously!

Unknown said...

LOL That is a huge parking lot!. My brother went with his friends on a "work trip" and had a great time.