August 4, 2010

Our day in Park City


It's been awhile since I've been to Park City. Ok, maybe years. In fact, I don't think I've been to Park City since before the Olympic's in 2002. How crazy is that? I'm pretty sure it was the last time my niece was here. So does that mean we only go to Park City when she's in town? I hope not.
We got up friday morning and headed up the mountain. We had to take 2 cars as 8 of us were making the trip. My parents, my mother in law, my sister in law & my 2 niece's & myself & the hubby. There was going to be 10 of us, but my daughter in law & granddaughter decided to stay home.

First stop of course is the alpine slide. If you haven't been up to the rides lately......like years....they have this new ride called the "Alpine Coaster". It is a BLAST! We all loved it. Heck, we wanted to turn in our Alpine slide tickets so we could ride the coaster again.

After waiting in a long line to ride the coaster, we went over to stand in an even longer line to ride the Alpine slide. First you have to ride the ski lift to the top. My little niece & husband were not to happy about riding this "chair" up the mountain.

(they are smiling cause they can still see the ground). I was telling my 8 yr old niece about how during the winter when people are on here with ski's and the chair stops, it's because someone trying to get off at the top with their ski's as crashed, but it won't happen to us because we just walk off. Well guess what? When we got to the top my niece jumps off before she should have & yes, they shut down the lift so she doesn't get hit by the chair, and we can get off as well. LOL.

After we road a few rides, we walked Main St & did some shopping.
My niece was looking for a western shirt & we went inside this one store & she found a blouse for $1,100.00 Yes, that is one thousand. She asked her uncle if he would buy it for her, but he declined.
What can I say. We had a blast. We got home around 5pm & were so worn out, that we all took a nap!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the hospitality. We had a blast. Oh and can't forget to say thanks for the bed, coffee, breakfast, two cats and a dog. The girls loved it and can't wait until we visit again. Love ya, Terrie

Yep said...

Sure...go out and have a ton of fun...but don't invite me = )