October 11, 2010

30 Years


Can you believe it? I'm not sure I can. It's been 30 loving, hard, fun ,amazing, fulfilled, unbelievable, stressfull, eventful, trying, incredible, overwhelming, surprising and just plain wonderful years of marriage. No one ever said it would be easy, but that's what makes life interesting (I guess).

We couldn't decide on what to do for the big 30, and my husband said we needed to go somewhere & do something for the weekend. Of course he said "camping" and then he ducked behind the couch quickly. I thought as fun as that sounded *cough cough*, I would pass. He would ask me everyday what I wanted to do. (HELLO, surprise me)!! But then again, that's not my hubby style. He has learned over 30 years that sometimes that doesn't work or I end up not happy with his choice. (see the camping quote) So I decided to surprise him. I wanted to go to Jackson Hole, but decided that was just a little to far & I'm sure it's getting cold up there. I then looked around Park City & they just had to many resorts for me to look through in such a short period of time. I decided on Sundance. I lucked out as that weekend they were having a arts/crafts fair (the hubby's favorite...NOT). They had a band that was playing that night in the bar and since it was a Full Moon that weekend, you could ride the ski lift chair up the mountain & cuddle in a blanket (bring your own).
What can I say. We had a FANTASTIC Time.
Our room had that log cabin look to it & was just beautiful. It had a little kitchen with real wine glasses & coffee cups. No plastic! You had your choice of coffee, tea, hot cocoa & apple cider. We had a toaster, fridge & microwave. Tv, Stereo, fireplace, DVD/VCR player, Ipod docking station/radio. .Here's us on the ski lift for the moon lit ride. Yes I over-dressed as it really wasn't that cold, but it was fun. We even saw a deer that night on the ride under that bright moon.
I will post more about our trip later. The mountains were just beautiful.

4 comments:

Coco said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! Impressive that you are still together and happy after these 30 years!! I am so happy for you!! I hope you have AT LEAST 30 more!! And the trip looked fantabulous!!

Norman & Trynitee Peat said...

Congratulations on the big 30! I think its funny that you said you overdressed, really you overdressing I didn't think that was possible. Looks like fun!

Yep said...

I love Sundance...what a great choice.

Unknown said...

30 yrs that's so Awesome! Congrats and hope you have many many more blissful years!!! Sundance was probably so Beautiful!!! i love being a fall bride! 80)