June 3, 2010

UPOA K9 Event


Recently I was asked if I would once again help out with the UPOA K9 Trials.  Since they were held down the street from my house, how could I say no. (and I would never refuse the person that ask me).
If you have never seen these handlers & dogs during a competition, well, your missing out. Last year was my first year & I'm hooked.  These dogs & their handlers are amazing!  I say this because I'm lucky if I can get my dog to sit!!  These dogs sit, stand, run, attack & retrieve on a dime. (and sometimes they attack when they shouldn't....right Mr. T?)

Troll
This year is the 8th Annual Trials and they participate several days.  Certain K9's do different jobs. Some are Search & Rescue, some are cadaver dogs, some like to detect explosives, some like to sniff up some dope, and some just like to protect their handler & the public. (or is it the public, then their handler?) 
Apollo
Since only the big "Tough Guys" get to play at this event, I have to give a little shout out to my two
favorite K9's in the department. These 2 dogs I have played with since they were puppies. Ok, I
didn't really play with them, but they are the only 2 I have been around to watch them grow up from puppies
to full size Bloodhounds. They are awesome & when they "bay" while tracking, it's the best sound to
hear over a radio. I just love them both! Slobbers & all.
Jr as a puppy.
Are they not just the cutest? 
(I'm talking about the doggies)
Jr all grown up with his buddy Moe.
Can u tell which one is Jr?

1 comment:

BerlyCrow said...

So cool!