May 3, 2010

Our Good, Bad & Ugly weekend.

Good: Last weekend my son had another race out near Wendover, Nevada.Both my boys were there, my hubby & my dad. We camped out together even thought it was for a very short time.  As bedtime came early friday night as it was going to be a very early morning.  Everyone got up around 4am.
One son was going to race and the other son was working at a spot out on the course to make sure everyone followed the rules!  Racers had to be on the starting line at 5:45am. (some people didn't get the memo, heck, the sun didn't even want to come up that early!!

After 138 miles of racing, my son finished 1st and he was the 2nd over-all racer.  He started 11th off the start line. (they start 1 at a time and leave every 30 seconds) He had a fantastic race!!! 

The ugly.   As we all were seated outside waiting for more fun, my dad get's a phone call.  My mom has taken a tumble out on the street & cracked her head.  The ambulance arrived & gave her a ride to the hospital...( Ok mom, u out rode the guys as you got lights & sirens during your race). LOL.  Thank goodness my daughter in law was home & she drove over to be with my mom at the emergency room.  She has no idea how much I appreciate that or her.  I was afraid my mom was going to be by herself & then never let us leave her alone again.  My DIL is a blessing!!!

For Mothers Day, my brother is sending her a motorcycle helmet and I may end up getting her some elbow & knee pads.  Hopefully the doctor will release her today.
I'm on my way over there now to see how she's doing.

3 comments:

Coco said...

I'm hoping your mama doing ok. Sounds like a mix of emotions there, Ms. Nat!!

Unknown said...

Omg I can leave a commont I'll make it quick before It kicks me out. I like how you set thias blog up! 80) Too funny. Glad you mom's okay! 80)

Yep said...

Hey I am in the comment zone too. Sweet!

Your son kicked some butt. That is awesome. I am glad he made it through without any break downs like some of the others had. I am also glad you didn't freeze to death...brrr

Sorry about your mom. I hope she is feeling better now.