May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers Day


What I figured would be probably just another normal day for me, turn out to be fantastic!!. (I wonder why? ).

My husband started calling my boys around wednesday to see what they wanted to do for mothers day. No call back that night or the next day. In fact, no mention of Mothers Day at all from them.  As any mother of married boys knows, the wife's family comes first, and if there is any time left in the day, then maybe the husbands family will get a visit.  I am coming to terms with this & understand. I would not trade my DIL's for anything, as they make my boys happy.(and they make the cutiest kids)  What also makes me happy??  Any amount of time with my grandkids would make me smile from ear to ear, even if it's only a 15 minute stop to say "hi Grandma".

Also, my boys do work the weekends, so I understand they don't have much spare time. As I too use to have to work the weekends and didn't get off work till 4PM & then had to scramble from house to house to visit.

Long story short. We decided to take my mom to Olive Garden for an early dinner & invited the kids along. The declined, but said they would be over later.  So what I thought was going to be a day with just me and my mom, turned out to be the Best Mothers Day I could ask for.  Time with my parents & time with my boys, my daughter in laws and my grandkids.  Could not be better than that!!!

4 comments:

Coco said...

Very nice day K-Nat - - - Happy Mother's Day!! (ok, I'm a day late, but who cares)

Angie said...

They are so squishy yummy cute!!!! You are a lucky grandma!

Norman & Trynitee Peat said...

Your grandbabies are the cutest!

Unknown said...

Yeah!!! and Holy Cow your boys are the male version of you!!! 80)