April 19, 2010

Having fun

What can I say? My husband and I went out and had a BLAST with the grandkids a couple of weekends ago. The weather was windy but otherwise, it was nice.

First, we got up at the crack of dawn and drove south. We met my son, daughter in law and cute little granddaughter out in the desert at a race site. I'm pretty sure my granddaughter was the cutest girl out there.
This was a some-what large race with riders from all over the western states. They also had some demo bikes that people could "test-drive". My son wanted to ride one, I'm guessing to see if he still had what it takes. LOL. He suited up & drove off and appeared to have some fun. He came back, and rode another one. (different engine sizes). Then he would come back, talk about the bike and they would ask him if he would like to ride yet another one. I think they had 5 or 6 different size dirt bikes out there. He rode 4 of them I believe.
I don't know who was more excited. My son or my husband. He said it was so good to see his son back on a bike.


After we left the race, we drove out to another place & met my other son & my grandson. I had so much fun following my grandson on his little quad. He drove it till the battery had no more "juice" to it and then Grandpa had to "tow" him back over to the truck. I would say maybe 30 yards. LOL, but to a little guy, that is a long ways!


What can I say except this was an eventful & wonderful day!! I can't wait for the next one..

3 comments:

Julie Monita said...

Nat, I love your blog, I just started reading it. Don't quit, it makes me feel a part of your life again. Julie

Barbra said...

Yeah Natsaflea. Keep your blog. It makes me want to do mine again someday and I love yours.

Love ya!
Barbra

Natalie said...

love & miss you both!!!