April 16, 2010

4.9 Earthquake! Really??

My hubby flew home this afternoon from Oakland & I drove out to the airport to pick him up. I left early to get some Ice Tea for the road, as the weather was so nice today and Ice Tea was a must!
I pulled up in the "Park & Wait" 45 minutes early. I was set! I had a good book & a cool drink. It was about 70 degree's & I had the windows rolled down just waiting for a cool breeze to blow my way. Well, the wind was hardly blowing at all. I was lucky to catch a slight breeze once in awhile. I sat with book in hand & a paper to fan myself. As I continued to get deeper into my book,I thought someone snuck up behind me & started shaking my car! I looked in the rear view mirror....nothing. Then I looked in my side view mirror.....nothing. Also thinking in the back of my mind..."oh crap, I need to hurry & roll up my window as someone is messing with my car & I don't need anyone car-jacking me"!! I thought I was going to have to break out my can of ......

Then I thought "the wind is not even blowing enough to blow a plastic bag across the parking lot, so why is my car moving like it's in a wind storm"? (Ok, a slight wind-storm). My car stopped moving & I was back reading my book & thinking, that was weird.
After picking up the hubby, dinner, unpacking & getting ready for work, the news comes on 3 hours later & said there was a 4.9 earthquake up in the north/eastern part of the state. I thought 4.9?? really? Bet those "never been in an earthquake, God fearing, the world is coming to an end people are freaking out"!! 4.9 will wake you up for sure. For a minute, I had to stop & realize I wasn't in California. I did tell the hubby since he flew in from the Bay Area, he brought it with him. LOL

I know you will think I'm weird (Tryn, no comment!) but I wish I would of been at home so I could feel it & know what it was. Sitting in the moving parked car, I would never guessed it was an Earthquake. Oh well, I know my girlfriend in CA wrote me & said she would trade me her Earthquakes for our snow. I said "Any day"!! Earthquakes I can deal with....Snow I can NOT!!!

1 comment:

Coco said...

I didn't feel a thing - - and that's OK by me!!